Volume 13, Issue 4 (1-2018)                   HSR 2018, 13(4): 405-409 | Back to browse issues page

XML Persian Abstract Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

badalzadeh A, Mirshah jafari S E. The Effect of Inservice Training Courses on Reducing Staff Stress in Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Iran. HSR 2018; 13 (4) :405-409
URL: http://hsr.mui.ac.ir/article-1-986-en.html
1- MSc Student, Department of Curriculum Planning, Institute of Higher Education in Safahan, Isfahan, Iran
2- Professor, Department of Curriculum Planning, Institute of Higher Education in Safahan, Isfahan, Iran
Abstract:   (911 Views)
Background: This study aimed to investigate the effect of inservice training on the reduction of job stress among employees of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Iran.Methods: In this descriptive scaling correlational survey, using stratified random sampling 120 subjects were selected from the employees of the faculties of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. In order to collect the data, the Sotoudeh Inservice Training Questionnaire with 22 questions and the Cronbach's alpha of 0.701, and Davis Job Stress Questionnaire with 20 questions and the Cronbach's alpha of 0.906 were used. The data were analyzed using SPSS software.Findings: 35.5 percent of participants were men and the rest 64.5 percent were women. The mean total job stress score was 16.4 ± 11.3. Based on Pearson correlation coefficient test, there were significant relationships between the type of employment, the reasons for participation in inservice training, and the benefits of taking part in such courses with the job stress score (P < 0.050 for all). In addition, there were reverse relationships between job stress score and general satisfaction with both general and professional courses (P = 0.020, r = -0.208). A direct relationship was observed between job stress and annual absenteeism (P < 0.001, r = 0.424).Conclusion: Getting technical and operational skills is one of the most important needs of employees. So, it is vital for institutes to prevent the long-term effects of occupational stress on employees’ performance and motivation in order to promote the career of employees by using supportive strategies.
Full-Text [PDF 667 kb]   (286 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research | Subject: education health and promotion
Received: 2020/07/16 | Accepted: 2018/01/15 | Published: 2018/01/15

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2023 CC BY-NC 4.0 | Journal of Health System Research

Designed & Developed by: Yektaweb